Napoli Sporting Director, Cristiano Giuntoli, has informed Bayern Munich and Victor Osimhen’s other suitors to pay €130m for the Nigerian striker or forget about him, PUNCH Sports Extra reports.
The club’s president Aurelio de Laurentiis had in June said that only a payment of €100m would see Osimhen leave the club.
The Nigeria international has been linked with several top clubs following his outstanding performance for the Partenopei last season, where he scored 18 goals with six assists in 32 competitive games.
Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester United and Newcastle United are some of the Premier League clubs linked with the 23-year-old.
Bayern have, however, taken the front seat in the chase for the former Lille striker following the departure of striker Robert Lewandowski, who has joined Spanish giants Barcelona.
The Polish departure from the Allianz Arena means the Bavarians are in the market for a forward, leading to speculations that Osimhen could be joining the German outfit just two years after joining Napoli from Lille for a record club fee of €81m with add-ons.
An Italian publication, Il Mattino, also fueled speculations that Bayern had submitted an enquiry to Napoli for the Nigerian forward.
In an interview with Paolo Bargiggia, an expert transfer market journalist, on Tuesday, Giuntoli insisted that no offer had been submitted for the striker, but added that only the sum of €130m would see the forward leave the club.
“To date, there are no offers for the Nigerian,” Giuntoli said.
“De Laurentiis’ request would be around €130m. There are plans because Napoli could never be caught unprepared on the transfer market, but currently, no offers have been submitted.”
Since Osimhen moved across to Italy, he’s recorded a sensational 27 goals and nine assists in 60 appearances for Luciano Spalletti’s side.