October 6, 2022

KAPEB.COM

my web blog

Fire destroys N1.6m goods in Kwara

No less than N1.6 million worth of goods were, on Thursday, destroyed during a fire incident at an electronics and furniture shop in Ilorin, Kwara State.

The Kwara Fire Service Spokesman, Hassan Adekunle, in a statement posted on the Service’s social media handle, said other goods worth N1.6 billion were, however, safely recovered during a rescue operation.

The statement read, “This morning, July 14, 2022, at about 07:49 am, one Mr. Toyosi from Taiwo Area quickly summoned the Kwara State Fire Service to a fire incident at Pillar Mega Show Room (Major dealer in electronics and furniture), situated at 72, Taiwo Road, in Ilorin, Kwara State.

“We eliminated the ravaging fire on time and saved the mega shopping store from destruction,” the leading officer said.

“The officer added that they were able to rescue the situation due to their quick intervention and the officer’s versatility.

“Report says, the outbreak was as a result of spontaneous ignition. The estimated property saved was N1.6 billion and the estimated property lost was N1.6 million.

“Therefore, the Director, Kwara State Fire Service, Prince Falade Olumuyiwa, urged the general public, particularly the management of the shopping store, to be more safety conscious by playing safe at all times.”

All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

Contact: theeditor[at]punchng.com

See also  Pete Edochie, wife celebrate anniversary, May sparks reactions